Friday, February 11, 2011

days like today make me say "woah"

for starters, i slept in and almost missed breakfast at Mickey D's which is what my employer wanted. Then I realized I locked myself out of my house, and after going to my 2nd job for a grand total of 45 minutes I had to leave because a locksmith was on his way to collect $45 from me for breaking into my house.
After that, i had less than an hour before work at the hospital and therefore decided to get some bills paid. I paid my electric bill and zipped on over to AT&T to pay another large payment on my ridiculous bill.
Now, before i talk about today, I wanted to do some background info about my last trip into the store. Last time i went in, I did my thing but saw one of the customer care guys looking at me. I looked rough, hair in a messy bun, eyebrows needing done, scrubs on (you get the picture). This guy came over to the payment kiosk just as i was about to leave and asked if my bill was pretty consistent. I thought that it was kinda weird but said until then, yes. so he had me go to the counter...asked if i needed to change my plan. etc...(his name's Tony btw). I was on limited time as i had to go to work, so i asked what my options were and then said i'd have to come back the next day to fix everything.
Tony proceeded to give me his card, and scratched off every other number and then added his own (private cell) for me to call later "if i had any questions".
I did nothing about it, but realized i was being hit on by a fairly good looking guy. I thought i saw a ring on his ring finger, left hand. I was sorta looking for it cuz i find him fairly attractive.
Fast Forward to today. I haven't been back in because i was slightly avoiding Tony. I don't know why, except i've really been truly busy and my eyebrows are now worse lol.
He was there, and after paying another $300 on my bill, i asked if he remembered me. He did...we got my plan all squared away, and then he asked if i still had his number. I should have lied and said no, but i didn't. I am dumb sometimes. :)
He then said i should just buy myself an iphone and give whoever it was i was talking to in canada my crappy phone. He was fishing for info. I should have said it was all business or something. I didn't.
Tomorrow, before i lose the opportunity to meet someone who might be interested, I'm going to "fake text" Tony. What does that mean? that simply means i'm going to send him a message "intended" for someone else.
the text will say: "Hey i just got my schedule for next week, and i'm off on Friday! We should hang out"
and when i get asked who i am (let's hope this guy isn't a freak and hasn't memorized my number, although i'm sure he could probably lose his job if he did...lol), i'll reply with a coy "this is mandy montgomery...who is this?"
and when he tells me its himself, i'll say something like, "i'm so sorry, now i feel dumb. I thought your number was my friend Alexis' new number. Oops...well hey, sorry to bother you, but keep in touch if you want..."
sounds pretty perfect to me...if he is in a relationship, and his other happens to see his texts, it's all innocent and an accident. If he's single, it doesn't seem like i'm being too forward, but letting him know communication in the future would be appreciated. and I don't think it's too pushy about getting back to me whatsoever.
As far as i can see, it's fairly fool-proof. If nothing happens, at least i tried. I hope we go out at least once. He seems like a decent guy.

In other news. 2nd job sucks. Hospital is irritating. Haven't read anything in almost a week. I feel my brain cells that were waking up from lack of good stimulation slowly dying.

Excited and nervous about tomorrow's convo :) wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment