Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twitterpated...with a season?!?!

Happy First Day of Spring!!!
The weather forecast for this area for the week: snow showers :(
however, I see buds on the trees, flowers popping up, grass turning green. The hint of rain is in the air, both in feeling and in smell. The world smells cleaner and new. One of the many reasons I love this season. If only Spring, Summer, and Fall could last as long as this winter has felt, I'd be a happy, happy girl. (This winter was cold and damp, and starting around Thanksgiving. Our first actual snowfall was on December 1, 2010 and it snowed every day for over a month.)
I am ready for Spring. Ready to help put in a garden. Ready to spring clean my house (I've already started). Ready to sit out on my parents' patio, or even on my steps and soak in the sun. Ready to walk in this small crummy city, and especially in my own little neighborhood.
I am in love with the warm undertones the wind is carrying with it. I am in love with the blue, blue sky, and the green, very green grass. I am in love with the sound of cicadas and frogs as they call to their mates. I am in love with opening my windows at home, and let the fresh air replace the stale stuff from winter. I am in love with Spring this year.
AAAAAAH
ok. i'm done now!
Off to talk to some boy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment