Sunday, June 6, 2010

peace.

peace.
what is this thing i long for?
what is this thing i cannot find?
it is the embrace by my Master, my Saviour.
it is the words telling my waves to "Be still"
So oft, i look to the world to give me that hug,
or i listen to its voice, waiting to hear it tell my storms to stop.
How often do i pass the peace that passes all understanding, for some temporal idiosyncracy?
too many times i forfeit what He has given me by His obedience to the cross.
Oh that i would learn. Oh that i would make haste in accepting the gift so freely given, with such a high price.
Peace.
the world looks for it in men, in women, in things.
the only true Peace, is Jesus.
That i would let my light, and His peace, so shine before all men, that they would know that He is my God.




Just a few thoughts. not really how i'm feeling, but i thought it was pretty good nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment